Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Beds and mattresses

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Beds and mattresses

    Ok trying to replace the old bed at the house. Also trying to get a bigger one, tired of having no room due to the wife and the dogs *lol*

    Generally wanting to find a king (or queen if I have to) and trying to find one with a decent bookcase type headboard (room is smallish, will have to ditch nightstands if get a bigger bed, so trying to limit the loss of storage). Any leads, ideas, locations, please post or mail me.

    Also, will definitely try to find a good mattress for it. Best options with regards to that and price, as I'm sure this going to more than break me is appreciated.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beds and mattresses

    Might check with Rhoton and Smith in Weber City. Lee and Arvella are great people to work with. Heck they got a couple of thousand out of me today. If they don't have it on the showroom floor, they have plenty of books to order out of. Been in business for so many years.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member drgnfly3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2009
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beds and mattresses

    Have you checked big lots? If not mistaken, you can look at their bed & mattress selection online. We got our mattress/boxsprings there last year when they had a big sale on Sertas.

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beds and mattresses

    I'm to the point where I'd love to get a temper-pedic mattress, used to know someone who worked there and could get the deal but they don't anymore, so kind of out of luck that I know of.

    I wish I had more 'furniture' sense, I'm wanting a King bed, with the headboard being pretty decent size, bookcase, maybe even lights built into it. Its hard to find when you dont know what brands to look for, who might be good
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beds and mattresses

    I have an Englander visco foam bed. Very nice. Some people like Temper beds, I do not for the most part. They are very warm, almost too hot for me. You really cannot go wrong with midlevel to upper end stuff from Englander, Sealy, Simmons, and maybe even Denver Mattress Company which is owned by Furniture Row. Furniture Row seems to be growing in popularity, but I don't think their actual furniture is made very well at all.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Beds and mattresses

    Telling me it's hot is dangerous...I always said I had a hot bed, but its due to the heating blanket staying on most of the time
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •